|MOVIES: Klingons come to dinner(Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country)|
- Three outstanding presentations: keynote, luncheon and wrap-up, with acclaimed genealogy tech guru Thomas MacEntee
- Extraordinary breakout sessions and demos covering:
- Genetic Genealogy: Putting DNA to Work for You – Michelle Wilson
- Using Google’s Tools to Aid Your Genealogical Search – John Stryker
- Enhanced Research and Writing with Flip-Pal and Picasa – Nancy Thomas
- Family Tree Maker/Ancestry.com: Getting the Family Tree online – Caron Brennan
- Two hands-on labs headed by Sandra Trapp:
- Beginner Lab: Searching FamilySearch.org
- Intermediate Lab: FamilySearch’s Family Tree
- Informal conversations with six knowledgeable “Genies” at GeneaQuest's exclusive GeneaUs Bar covering 18 different topics
- Twelve first-rate exhibitors including representatives from commercial vendors, societies and libraries
- Amazing raffle opportunities including an iPad Mini, 1-year subscriptions to Ancestry.com, fold3, GenealogyBank, lynda.com, Newspapers.com and FindMyPast as well as a mini Living Story Project and many additional door prizes. See the complete list of door prizes and raffles
- A delicious box lunch of your choice including roast beef, turkey or Asian wrap, together with a fruit cup, homemade potato chips and a cold drink enjoyed in the modern dining room overlooking beautiful Lake Spartan.
All of this in Elgin Community College’s state-of-the-art conference center with its 200-seat presentation auditorium, break-out rooms with flexible seating and ergonomic chairs, fully functional hands-on computer labs, and a beautiful 2-story cylindrical atrium in which to visit our exhibitors.
View the day's complete schedule.
Mark your calendar for May 17 and, if you haven’t already, register today.